The Reading Committee’s mission is to help keeping the IAC 2022 programme to the highest standards by selecting the appropriate papers to be presented.
The Reading Committee is composed of 8 members :
- Jon HOECH, Vice President of Animal Care – Monterey Bay aquarium (USA)
- Michael FARQUHAR, CEO – Two Oceans Aquarium (SOUTH AFRICA)
- Rob HICKS, Director of Marine Programs and Engagement – Merlin Entertainments (UK)
- Renaud HERBERT, Deputy Director of aquariology – Health / Research / Conservation – Nausicaa (FRANCE)
- Peijun ZHANG, Ph.D/Associate Professor, Institute of Deep-sea Science and Engineering – Chinese Academy of Sciences (CHINA)
- Masa IWATA, General Curator – Aquamarine Fukushima Marin Science Museum (JAPAN)
- Nicolas HIREL, Head of Biodiversity and Conservation Department – Planet Ocean Montpellier (FRANCE)
- Chris COCO, Senior Director, Aquatic Sustainability – Georgia Aquarium (USA)
Stephane HENARD, Mission Director & General Curator and Florence BLOND, Head of projects and exhibitions – Nausicaa (FRANCE) act as co-chairs of the Reading Committee.
My primary research field is in conservation and environment adaption of the marine mammals. I work on environment adaption of cetaceans, pinnipeds and sirenians based on genomic data, population evolution based whole genome sequencing and resequencing, and reproductive strategy based on hormone data of all the marine mammals. I also work on captive population management, reproduction and health care for marine animals kept in Chinese aquaria.
2005–2011 Ph.D in Hydrobiology, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2001–2005 BSc in Marine Fisheries Science and Technology, College of Fisheries, Ocean University of China.